With a name like Thunderhead, you almost expect to get results from your shower. You won’t be disappointed if you decide to invest into the Thunderhead high pressure rain showerhead because it does what it says it will do. You’ll get a quality shower that simulates rain every single time, and best of all, you can easily clean the scale and deposits from this showerhead by squeezing the water jets one at a time. With 90 total water jets, you may just get the perfect shower experience!
The Features of the Thunderhead Rain Showerhead
Priced at $69.95, this rainfall showerhead is not the cheapest in its class. It is also made from plastic components instead of brass or other rust-resistant metals, meaning you are going to get a showerhead that is white and not polished chrome. What you do get, however, is one of the easiest to install and maintain showerheads in its price class.
The other features of this showerhead include:
- four self-locking wratchet joints that allow you to move your showerhead easily to your preferred position;
- it converts even a small standard shower into an overhead shower without any need for tools in many instances; and
- this showerhead can literally fold into itself so that you can have a standard shower if that’s what you prefer.
The Advantages of the Thunderhead Rain Showerhead
The primary advantage of this showerhead is that it delivers a true vertical rainfall experience. Many other rainfall showerheads simply move to an almost vertical position to deliver your shower at a slight angle. With the Thunderhead, you get the real thing, directly positioned above your head so that most users can have the exact showering experience they want.
In addition, these advantages might also come in handy:
- the flow control valve is easy to take out with just a pair of needlenose pliers if you are so inclined, but beware that this could void the warranty of the product;
- it is wide enough to give you a full body rainfall showering experience; and
- it can provide a good shower even in homes with low water PSI.
The primary disadvantage seen with this showerhead is the warranty, which is just one year. This showerhead is not going to be a multi-year product for your home, but it can easily last upwards of 2 years with consistent use and regular maintenance. The name says it is high pressure, but it meets the 80 PSI / 2.5 GPM standards when it isn’t user modified, which may also be misleading to some.
Is this a good showerhead? For its price, it is a reasonable investment that will last you a long time, especially if you’re the only one using it! Even with family use, a good expectation for two years of regular use can be had with this product. It’s not a metal showerhead, but it is a good, reasonably priced fixture that you’d enjoy having in your home. Still not convinced? Click here to read user reviews and buy online from Amazon.